Bertram Stevens in 1906 gives this biographical summary:
Born in Co. Down, Ireland, 6th August, 1869; son of Rev. W. Wright, author of "The Brontes in Ireland", etc. Arrived in New Zealand, 1887. Entered Congregational Ministry, 1898. Now stationed at Nelson, N.Z.
Wright published four volumes of poetry and went on to edit the poems of Henry Lawson.
- An Anthology of Australian Verse. Ed. Bertram Stevens. London: Macmillan, 1906. PR 9551 S72 Robarts Library. See the Gutenberg text of this anthology.
- Lawson, Henry. Poetical Works of Henry Lawson. Ed. David McKee Wright. Sydney: Angus and Robertson, 1925. Fisher Rare Book Library shel 0661
- Sharkey, Michael. "Wright, David McKee (1869–1928)." Australian Dictionary of Biography. National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, 1990.
- Wright, David M'Kee. Aorangi, and other Verses. 1896.
- --. New Zealand Chimes. Wellington, 1900.
- --. Wisps of Tussock. Oamaru, 1900.
- --. Station Ballads and Other Verses. Introduction by Rev. R. Waddell. Dunedin: J. G. Sewell, 1897. 1578/6680 British Library
We are grateful for access to AustLit in the preparation of these poems.