Index to poems
Simon J. Ortiz, poet, writer, storyteller, and Doctor of Letters, is author of over a dozen books, including Out There Somewhere, Men on the Moon, After and Before the Lightning, and Woven Stone. He is also the editor of numerous collections, including Speaking for the Generations: Native Writers on Writing, and Earth Power Coming: Short Fiction in Native American Literature. He has taught at the University of New Mexico and the Institute of American Indian Arts, and served as lieutenant governor of the Pueblo of Acoma and consulting editor of the Pueblo of Acoma Press. As a teacher of poetry and fiction, he stresses the artful power of the "storytelling voice." He teaches and writes now at the University of Toronto.
- Naked in the Wind. NC: QUetzal-Vihio Press, 1971.
- Going for the Rain. New York: Harper, 1976.
- Fight Back: For the sake of the people for the sake of the land. Albuqurque: University if New Mexico Press, 1980.
- From Sand Creek: Rising in this heart which is our America. New York: Thunder's Mouth, 1981.
- Out There Somewhere. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 2002.
- Men on the Moon: collected short stories. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 1999.
- Speaking for the Generations: native writers on writing. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 1998.
- After and Before the Lightning. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 1994.
- Woven Stone. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 1992.
- Song, Poetry, Language. Tsaile, AZ: Navajo Community COllege Press, 1978.
- A Poem is a Journey. Bourbonais, IL: Pternandon Press, 1981.