Index to poems
George Elliott Clarke is the E.J. Pratt Professor of Canadian Literature at the University of Toronto. His works include the poem-novel, Whylah Falls (1990), the narrative lyric sequence, Execution Poems (2001), and the verse-play and opera, Beatrice Chancy (1999). Clarke's awards include the Governor-General's Award for Poetry (2001), a Bellagio (Italy) Center Fellowship (1998), and the National Magazine Gold Award for Poetry (2002). He has also published a major critical book, Odysseys Home: Mapping African-Canadian Literature (University of Toronto Press, Summer 2002).
He is a member of the Black Cultural Society of Nova Scotia, the League of Canadian Poets, the Modern Languages Association, the Writers Federation of Nova Scotia, the Writer's Guild of Canada, and the Writers Union of Canada.
- Blue. Vancouver: Polestar Book Publishers, 2001.
- Beatrice Chancy. Victoria, BC: Polestar Book Publishers, 1999.
- Execution Poems. Wolfville, NS: Gaspereau Press, 2001.
- Lush Dreams, Blue Exile. Lawrencetown Beach, NS: Pottersfield Press, 1983.
- Saltwater Spirituals and Deeper Blues. Porters Lake, NS: Pottersfield Press, 1983.
- Whylah Falls. Vancouver: Polestar Book Publishers, 1990.
- Canadian Who's Who 2003 Vol. XXXVIII
- Clarke, George Elliott. Whylah Falls. Polestar, 1990.